For up-to-date non-clinical information on COVID-19 and a link to the symptom checker, click here.
Or call the provincial phone service at 1-888-COVID19, available 7 days a week from 7:30am to 8:00pm.
Specific public health questions re: COVID-19 should be directed to your local health authority for response.
Students & In-Person Meeting Requirements
Throughout the school year, our students may receive support or services from third-party providers. With the rise of COVID-19, most face-to-face meetings have moved to online spaces where students receive support virtually. In situations where virtual meetings are not possible, students and service providers adhere to the most current COVID-19 safety measures, as recommended by BC Public Health.
Pathways Academy’s third-party service providers are responsible for their personal health and safety when choosing to meet in person. Third-party service providers must obtain permission from families to meet with students in person.
Assessing the Risk:
There are two types of risks that must be assessed when determining protocols for how to address the spread of COVID-19.
- Person-to-person transmission – increases the closer you come to other people, the more time you spend near them, and the more people you contact in-person.
- Surface transmission – increases when many people contact the same surface and when those contacts happen over short periods of time.
Monitor Public Health Guidelines:
The public health guidelines are subject to change. The following links provide detailed information to direct safe, in-person contacts:
Best Practices When Meeting Face-to-Face:
- Permission from the family is required before meeting with students in person.
- When meeting in person follow public health guidelines.
- Prior to meeting, all participants will self-assess for COVID-19 symptoms: BC Self-Assessment Tool
- Limit the number of people meeting together.
- Meet remotely when possible.
- Meet outside when possible.
- Maintain physical distancing.
- Wear a mask when required.
- Wash or sanitize hands frequently.
- If you or anyone within the family unit is feeling unwell, cancel the in-person meeting.
- If you or anyone within the family unit has traveled outside of Canada within the two weeks prior to the meeting, cancel the in-person meeting.
If you need help navigating these best practices or are concerned about a student’s mental health, please contact the school principal, Tara Ferguson: firstname.lastname@example.org.